Wednesday 26 October 2011

How I miss Africa...

Photo courtesy of Facebook - ha ha! I love how at peace Robs looks, and in her own little world.

I got to talk to my friend Robs this weekend, which was fantastic as we haven't chatted in a while. She's working in Botswana at the moment, and gets to see and do some incredible things! This is a photo of her (which I stole off facebook - sorry :)... It made me miss her so much. And looking through all her photos made me miss home so so much!

Don't get me wrong, I love New Zealand, but it'll never be able to compare to Africa. I miss the thunderstorms most of all. It would be a really hot day, and at about 4 o'clock the clouds would suddenly gather and we used to get the most amazing storms. They had a certain energy about them, and when the rain came it was like your very soul was being cleansed.

So beautiful! This was from Dom Cram off flickr

And one last one just because I love it! This was taken by Robs' boss Louis I think...
On the bright side, I'm going back in June next year and will hopefully be able to squeeze in a trip to Botswana to see my friend. And hopefully a thunderstorm or two... Hope you enjoyed the photos and it gives you a little inkling of how lucky we are in Southern Africa.

Spot you soon
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment