Saturday 22 October 2011

A tribute to Mum's garden...

It’s spring here again, and what a beautiful time of year. Spring has always been my favourite season, with all the flowers reawakening and the hint of summer in the air. Daylight savings has kicked in and with that brings a sense of excitement and seeming indulgence. Just getting that extra hour of afternoon light makes all the difference to my day.

As much as I wish I could say these are photos from my own garden, alas, they aren’t… YET! But as soon as I pay the deposit on my first house (aiming for a year’s time), rest assured, I will definitely be enlisting mum’s help! Mum and Dad have been very busy in the garden, and it’s starting to pay off. So I thought I’d give you all a tour of my favourite spots…

The little stone birdfeeder I bought Mum from French Country Collection - isn't it cute?

Our crabapple tree - trust me, this baby looks way prettier in person!



What's not to love about a cup of tea in the garden on a sunny afternoon? This is my favourite Maxwell & Williams mug! I like to collect them...

I love our little 'daisy rockery' by the postbox. I have a bit of a thing for clean green and white.



And to top it all off, these two ducks came up from the pond to visit! We fed them a bit of bread in the driveway, and named them Jeff & Cait after my sister and her boyfriend. Ha ha. The male was much cockier than the female and even ate out of my hand.

Happy Spring!

Spot you soon
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment