Sunday 2 October 2011

Life in the South

Once I've got a bee in my bonnet the only way to get rid of it is to explore the topic until my heart's content. Most of the time it takes an afternoon, but on the rare occasion this little bee stays with me for quite a while. For example, my latest little love affair is with anything Southern. Southern Weddings (my favourite blog), Southern traditions, Southern cooking! I've got my eye on two or three amazing cookbooks but I'll let you know how that progresses. I'm very keen to start trying out recipes... And so I'm writing this while waiting for my peach pie to finish in the oven. Smells pretty good!


Last night my mom and I went to watch The Help with my aunt. What an amazing movie! Possibly the best I've watched in a while. But here's a hint - take a tissue! I cried (properly) twice! Anyway, hats off to Sharen Davis for such fab work on their costumes, and also for reminding me how gorgeous the clothes were in the 50s and early 60s. I really do wish I lived in those days.



All photos courtesy of Imdb.com


However, I have bought two dress patterns, and I'm going to sew some dresses. My cousin and I have decided to start sewing lessons so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Will let you know how those work out, so watch this space! Ha ha.

Vogue Patterns V2902 and V2961

Better be off now, but spot you soon! Hopefully with photos of a fabulous dress that I sewed myself (one can dream).. hee hee.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment